FEATURED INTERVIEW: NANSI NSUE, ACTRESS

"I felt like I had traveled back in time to the medieval era. The outfits, the people, everything! just looked so real and I wanted to be a part of it. That's how this madness started."
Estefania Nansi Mba Nsue best known as Nansi Nsue; was born in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea on October 12, 1989. However she was raised in Spain since the age of 2. She grew up in a small city by the coast called Alicante.

She’s the daughter of Maria Luz Nsue Nchama (business woman) and Aurelio Martin Obiang Obiang, best known as Anfibio (famous singer in Equatorial Guinea)

Nansi Grew up surrounded by music and she aspired to be like her father getting involved with West Side Barna Spanish/African Hip hop band that allowed her to tour around Spain and discover what being a performer meant. She also was part of Black Respect a girl group formed by family and friends that would perform in music videos and school performances also in Spain. 

Her acting career started when she moved to Belfast, Northern Ireland at age 18 and got her first acting job in the major feature film by Universal Studios “Your Highness” Starring Natalie Portman, James Franco and Danny McBride. After that she joined different agencies and had to move to Ipswich, England for 2 months in order to film her next project “An English dream” in which she starred as Shiru, a Kenyan girl moving to London to discover new opportunities.

She then moved to London, where she now resides, as auditions started piling up. She left Belfast with one small suitcase believing she would go back after filming in Ipswich, however she never did. She’s also known for Thorne: Sleepy head, Lee Nelson’s well good show, Nice guy and she’s been cast for PERSONA mobile TV Drama. She recently travelled to Austria for a film project that will soon be released and is now collaborating with Blinc app for their new viral commercial for the project of the same name. Continue reading to find out what she enjoys doing during her free time and who inspires her the most. 


Q. What are some of your main interests and hobbies? 

I enjoy meeting up with friends, acting singing and watching movies.I spend my days at Cineworld making good use of my unlimited Cineworld card. I also enjoy Korean dramas and listening to K-pop and I have therefore started learning Korean language and I am making good progress at it. I make short videos from my phone and post them on my Youtube channel when I am bored. 

Q. What's your background in being an actress? When and why did you get started? 

My father is a singer and as a consequence, I wanted to be a performer too. My brother is following his steps and I thought singing was what I wanted to do, until I went to a real movie set in Belfast while they were filming 'Your Highness' and I fell in love with it. I felt like I had traveled back in time to the medieval era. The outfits, the people, everything! just looked so real and I wanted to be a part of it. That how this madness started. 

Q. Who inspires you? 

Many people but firstly my mother. She is so persistent and stubborn with what she wants and it has been imprinted on me that if I want something, I have to go and get it just like she does. My father also inspires me, he is is the reason why I like the spotlight. Then of course Dorothy Dandridge, shes a Goddess, Kerry Washington is growing on me, Angelina Jolie is amazing, Michael Jackson, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman. There's so many that I would need a whole magazine to cover my list but my parents are my biggest heroes. 

Q. What has been your favourite role so far?

I played the president’s daughter in a film called 'The Return of The Hapsburgs' in Austria earlier this year. It was a great experience and I had to work on my American Accent, you can imagine how difficult that was having in mind that getting rid of the Spanish accent is the hardest thing in the world. 
Q.What has been your most challenging role so far? 

'Skimming the Overflow', it’s a short sci-fi, futuristic film in which I was murdered and then kinda came back and there was so much grieve and so much crying…to keep all that in me I had to go to places I didn't want to go to. And then of course 'The Return of The Hapsburgs', the accent thing is a killer but it must be done.

Q. How has being an actor/actress changed other aspects of your life? Have you at any point wanted to quit? 

I have never wanted to quit. Actually, I get anxious if I go too long without a project or a camera in front of me. 
Since I started acting I realised that all my facebook friends were other actors and producers and writers when before it was just school friends or none actors, so my circle of friends is mostly surrounded by performers. Also, I have never actually been shy but I have noticed that I don’t mind being openly silly, sometimes I just don’t care what comes out of my mouth which is not always a good thing so acting has kind of freed me in a away, if you know what I mean.

Q. If you could choose, what three actors/actresses would you want to work with? Why? 
First three that pop in my head are Kerry Washington, I think she’s amazing and the way she chooses the characters she plays just blows my mind, she’s so raw and real and I can say the same thing about Angelina Jolie. Regarding male actors, Tom Hardy, He’s portrayal of Bronson deserves a big wow, I just like him!.

Q. What is fun and rewarding about being an actress? 

Well, you get to be different people all the time. If you don’t like how you feel today, you can become somebody else (must not be confused with a multiple personality disorder) and you learn about other people’s lives believe it or not.

Q. What do you dislike about being an actress? 

I’m at a level where I dislike nothing about it.

Q. What advice do you have for other aspiring actors/actresses? 

If it is what you want, do it regardless of what people say. You wouldn't want to regret not pushing it when you get older. I’m still pushing myself and I’ll keep doing it. 






Editor: You can learn more and keep up with Nansi's career by following the links below: 


post signature
*Click to visit our official website*