FEAUTURED INTERVIEW: YAWO M. DOMETI, MODEL

'Photographs tell stories without words, they show movement in a still picture and that is why I love working in this industry'
Yawo is a 27 year old, Togo born model who is based in Newcastle upon Tyne. 
"I started my modelling career about a year ago as it was something that I had always wanted to do. Modelling is not about being good looking. I think it is an expressive form of art and a life style. Photographs tell stories without words, they show movement in a still picture, and that is why I had always wanted to be a part of it."
Continue reading to find out how his lifestyle has changed because of modelling, how he prepares for a shoot and who his favourite designers & models are. 
Q. What are your hobbies? 

I love reading books, watching fashion shows, and playing football but my biggest hobby is travelling and learning about different cultures. 

Q. Who are some of your favourite models, and why? 
I like Naomi Campbell because of her reputation, known as the first black model to be on the cover of French Vogue and she was the highest paid black female model of all time. I love seeing the passion she has for all she does and the strong presence she has on the runway. 
My favourite model is Tyson Beckford who is also known the first black, highest paid, black male model of all time and also the first black model to receive a male supermodel status. My family, friends and colleagues always tell me that I look like him and that gives me more confidence to keep on pushing for my career as a model. 

Q. Which designers would you like to work with? 

My favourite designers are Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, Giorgio Armani, Jean Paul Gaultier, Lacoste and Louis Vuittion. My dream is to model for at least one or two of them one day if given the chance. 
Q. How do you prepare for a shoot?  

I always drink a lot of water the day before and a have nice 45 minute run in the morning before heading to the shoot. I also always ensure that I get enough sleep to avoid puffy, tired-looking eyes. Music also helps me to relax!
Q. What is most rewarding about modelling? 

Somethings in my life have changed due to modelling. I used to eat everything and never tried dieting before modelling but now I control myself in what to eat or not to eat and the right time of the day. I also have to ensure that my appearance is well kept, so I get my hair cut every two weeks because I never know when a job would come through. 
It is a fun rewarding career because I get to meet new, like minded people and attend fashion shows, art exhibitions and travel a lot. I also get advice from experienced designers, models and others who work within the industry whenever I attend a fashion or photo shoot.

Q. What do you dislike about modelling?

I really love modelling and have a big passion for this career. When you really love doing something then you will be willing to put in a lot of effort working towards your goals. I don't dislike anything about modelling and I don't think I will ever dislike anything about modelling in the future. 

Q.What advice do you have for aspiring models? 

Aspiring models should be very passionate about this career and give it 100% of effort in order to be successful. You should have a passion and strong self confidence as you would have to pose in front of cameras and people that you don't know nor seen before. That the only way to get a good result out of this career. Modelling is not just about the money and fame but it is about loving and desiring it. Courage is mostly needed in this industry. 
*Editors Note - Yawo is a professional hard working model and we are excited to see his journey as a model. 
post signature
www.fiallis.com